Commercial Insurance in Texas
What is Commercial Insurance?
Commercial insurance also referred to as general commercial liability (CGL), is a type of insurance that protects business owners against liability claims. These liability claims can include property damage, bodily injury, advertising injury, and personal injury.
Commercial Coverage Options
There are four primary commercial coverages you need to know about, including:
- Premises operations - this type of business coverage pays for property and bodily injuries and damages that occur on your premises.
- Products completed operations - this commercial coverage pays for bodily injuries and property damages that occur away from your place of business.
- Excess liability - is coverage that pays for insured losses that are more than your CGL dollar limit.
- Umbrella liability - this liability coverage includes all the features of excess liability coverage and also provides liability coverage for things not covered under your primary CGL insurance policy.
Insurers Who Offer CGL Insurance
CGL policies that are offered by licensed insurers have to possess legislatively mandated provisions, including: Coverage that can't be canceled by the insurer after more than three months or 60 days from the effective policy date, except for the following situations, including:
13. Fraud in obtaining coverage
14. Failure to pay premiums on time
15. Increased hazard within your control that would cause a rate increase
16. Loss of the insurer's reinsurance covering all or part of the risk covered by your policy
At Don Atwell & Associates in Desoto, TX, we're ready to help you find the perfect commercial insurance coverage in Texas. Contact Don Atwell & Associates in Desoto, TX for your no-obligation quote.