Motorcycle Insurance in Texas
When you buy a motorcycle, you may want to get on the road and watch the horizon ebb closer as you race through the wind. However, there are a few things to keep in mind before you strap on your helmet and start the motor. First, speak with an agent at Don Atwell & Associates to learn more about the minimum motorcycle insurance requirements in Texas. To get you started, here is some necessary information on insurance options to protect your bike in Desoto, TX.
Required Motorcycle Insurance in Texas
The Lone Star State requires drivers to carry bodily injury and personal property damage insurance. If you are caught driving without insurance, you will have to pay a fine. Repeat offenders typically pay higher fines and may get their license suspended.
Besides basic liability and bodily injury coverage, there are many ways to enhance your insurance policy in Desoto, TX.
Here are the most common options for additional coverage:
- Collision insurance covers repairs to your motorcycle in an accident. This can help protect you if the person who hits you has inadequate insurance to cover your losses.
- Comprehensive coverage reimburses you for repairs if your bike is damaged due to theft, fire, vandalism, or another covered event.
- Medical payments coverage reimburses your medical expenses if you're hurt in an accident.
- Towing and labor coverage provide roadside assistance or towing in case of an emergency.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance helps you have peace of mind if a driver hits you with inadequate or no coverage.
Contact Don Atwell & Associates Today
Contact your insurance representative at Don Atwell & Associates today for more information on motorcycle insurance in Desoto, TX. Our knowledgeable team can set you up with an appointment for a free quote. Feel free to ask us about all your Texas insurance needs.